Edit: I guess DA had one, and I didn't look hard enough. XD;
The pasta was hand made (without a pasta cutter). (:
I didn't use as much tomatoes as I wanted to, so the sauce was not as colorful as I wanted it to be, and I didn't have the mushrooms. T_T
We were experimenting in my class... so, yeah, here is the recipe:
You don't have to use the avocado or wheat flour, you can just use regular flour.
Ingredients for Sauce and chicken:
- ½ c of skim milk
- cut skinless and boneless chicken into a few decent sized chunks
- 2 TB butter
- 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- 1 scallion
- 2 TB butter
- ¼ c. frozen peas
- ½ c. broccoli
- ½ tsp. chili flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 TB cheese
- 1 – ½ roma tomato peeled, and chopped up
- ½ of an avocado (mashed)
- ½ lb mushroom
- 1 – 1 ½ TB of:
- 1 lb of wheat flour
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 bulbs of garlic
- ¼ - ½ c. of water
- ½ TB cheese
- 1 sprig of thyme and break into two pieces and cross.
1. Sautee garlic.
2. In a food processor, combine the flour, eggs, garlic and pulse until ingredients form large crumbs
3. Remove from processor and knead dough by hand to form a dough, adding water if needed. Cover w/ plastic, wrap and allow dough to rest for 10 mins.
4. Divide dough into 4 equal parts, roll dough into thin sheets and cut into noodles.
Chicken and Sauce Instructions:
1. In a plastic bag, add chicken, 1 TB olive oil, half of the lemon juice, thyme, rosemary, basil, bay leaves, oregano, and ¼ a tsp of chili flakes, coat with some salt and pepper and let the chicken marinade for a moment.
2. Heat a large sautee pan, then heat the last TB of oil.
3. Add chicken to the pan and brown it for about 3 – 5 mins on each side.
4. Then melt the butter into the pan, add the garlic, sautee for about 2 – 3 mins, then add mushrooms.
5. Add the milk, flour, and then add the bay leaves.
6. Add scallions.
7. Add the rest of the seasonings, bring to a boil.
8. Add tomatoes, and avocado to the sauce, simmer, and mix up occasionally.
9. Get a pot, salt the water, bring to boil, blanch broccoli, then shock.
10. Boil noodles till al dente.
11. Add the peas to the sauce, if sauce is not so thick, add a little cheese to it.
12. Then prepare the dish, and garnish. (: